With the Google Reader Watcher extension you can check your feeds regularly and see which feeds have unread news. You can open the Google Reader directly from the statusbar, and not at last, you can configure the extension to login with your Google Account automatically.
If you want to translate the extension into your language, please use the translation system on Babelzilla.
Support the development
Support Google Reader Watcher extension development with a donation!
You can view and download the source from mozdev: https://github.com/Ajnasz/grwatcher
Version 1.7.2 April 26, 2012
- Mark all as read works again
Version 1.7.1 April 7, 2012
- Don't require to login request if user already logged in into google and the "I have more than one google account" checkbox is not checked
- Fix opening window when user clicks on the notification
- Send update request after changing preferences
- Fix 3.6 support
Version 1.7 April 1, 2012
- Fix a possible memory leak
- Add OAuth support, so you can use the extension even if you enabled 2 step verification for your Google account..
- New mouse handling behavior
- Icon and menu items can work similar to simple links on webpages. Using shift + left click will open new window, middle click will open new background tab etc.
Version 1.6.3 January 7, 2012
- Always show context menu
Version 1.6.2 December 19, 2011
- Fix issues with Firefox 3.6
Version 1.6.1 December 6, 2011
- Add the toolbar button to the last place on the navigation toolbar
- Make sure the user can remove the button from the toolbar.
Version 1.6 November 19, 2011
- Open Google Reader with the right account if you have more than one Google account (See Preferences/Account information)
- Make check for unread feeds menu item the first, so it's easier to reach it and force the request (especially for users, who has no middle button)
- Intelligent order of icon context menu. Fro example the "check for unread feeds" menu item is the closest to the mouse pointer if you right click on the icon. Even if the icon is on the add-on bar (bottom of the browser) or on some other toolbar (top of the browser).
- Fix button on second browser window: Sometimes, if you opened a second browser window, the button didn't work.
- Make possible to turn off the counter display
Version 1.5.2 June 22, 2011
- Fix "Component is undefined" error
Version 1.5.1 - June 14, 2011
- Remove statusbar icon, the toolbar icon should be used now
- Several bugfixes
Version 1.4 - April 14, 2011
- Improved compatibility with Firefox 4
- Faster startup
Version 1.3.6 January 8, 2011
- Fix statusbar icons
Version 1.3.5 January 6, 2011
- Fix counter issues
Version 1.3.4 January 4, 2011
- Add Swedish translation, thanks to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs
- Improve compatibility with Firefox 4
Version 1.3 December 3, 2010
- Toolbar and statusbar buttons has the same functionality.
- Improve comaptibility with Firefox 4:
- The statusbar won't be visible by default in Firefox 4, so the toolbar button should be shown instead.
Version 1.2.2 - May 31, 2010
- Fix issues in Firefox 3.0
Version 1.2.1 - May 29, 2010
- Updated Korean and Portuguese translations.
Version 1.2 - May 28, 2010
- Previous version may caused some issues with other Google services.
Version 1.1 - April 17, 2010
- Fix tooltip settings,
- Remove empty placeholders in customize toolbar panel
Version 1.0 - April 6, 2010
The extension has been rewritten, currently it's faster and more stable. Only a few new thing introduced:
- List of the unread items is shown also in the toolbar button
- If saved your google password with Firefox, you don't need to specify your account details.
- New icons.
- Works with less requests
Special thanks to Endor, who helped a lot with the exhaustive testing
Version 0.0.15.5 - November 6, 2009
- Fix "mark all as read" functionallity
Version 0.0.15.4 - November 1, 2009
- compatible with Firefox 3.6
Version 0.0.15.3 - October 28, 2009
- Updated spanish translation, thanks for Francisco Javier Cuadrado.
Version 0.0.15.2 - October 5, 2009
- Fixing a bug when user changes the reader opening settings, and changes to open the new tab if he double clicks on the statusbar icon, it didn't opened, only in newly opened windows.
Version 0.0.15.1 - September 26, 2009
- Replace setTimeout() calls with nsITimer to address security vulnerability of setTimeout.
- Replace eval() calls with evalInSandbox to comply with security advisory.
Version 0.0.15 - September 17, 2009
- Show confirmation window, when you choose the mark all as read option on the statusbar menu
- Avoid conflicts with other extensions
- Possibility to disable tooltip in the statusbar
- Sometimes we get an empty response from the Google Reader when try to get the count of the unread items. In that case the extension tries to get the count once more, so the error icon won't be shown so often
Version 0.0.14.3 - April 8, 2009
- The Google has changed their login method and the after that, the automatic login didn't work. This version is fixing the issue
Version 0.0.14.2 - February 5, 2009
- Fix checking failure if one of the labels contains a special character (Thanks to Maxim Dobriakov for the bugreport)
Version 0.0.14.1 - January 18, 2009
- counting also the shared items
- you can open the a labels/feeds page from the right click menu
- you can specify a delay, which defines that how much time should elapse after the browser started to start the first check
- possibility to force the login before checking new feeds and opening the Google Reader
- add localized descriptions
- add da-DK locales, thanks for AlleyCat
- fix compatibility with organize status bar extension
- fix the filtering when feeds are not grouped by labels
- password field won't be filled if it's not set
- fix doublclick window opening issue
Version 0.0.13.2 - October 14, 2008
- fix some compatibility issues with Firefox 2.*
- add Korean language, thanks to ¿?¿?¿?
Version 0.0.13.1 - September 22, 2008
- Make possible to use the Google Reader keyboard shortcuts right after you open the Google Reader tab from the statusbar, so you don't need to click on the page.
Version 0.0.13 - September 8, 2008
- fix the label filter: if the tag contains white space character and the after/before the comma was a white space character, the filter didn't worked
- fix Firefox 3 third party cookie related bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=437174#c32
- make it possible to show the real number of the unread feeds again
Version 0.0.12.1 - May 25, 2008
- This release just a quick fix, because in the previous version I forgot to activate the cs-CZ and zh-TW locales.
I'm sorry for the mistake
Version 0.0.12 - May 25, 2008
- sort feeds by label
- filter the feeds by their label: the feeds which are labeled with the labels you specified here won't be counted and displayed. if you want to filter the feeds which are not labeled type here "-" (without quotes).
- if the number of the unread feeds are more than 1000, the counter will show 1000+, as in the Google Reader
- add mark all as read function into the right click menu
- add Traditional Chinese translation - thanks toomore (BabelZilla)
- code improvements and fixes
Version 0.0.11 - February 07, 2008
- This version is fully compatible with Firefox 3 (beta) version
- New locales: nl-NL - Hans (babelzilla), sk-SK - morpher (babelzilla)
- Open window with null:// protocol bug fixed
- Other small improvements
Version 0.0.10 - November 26, 2007
- If the show counter when no unread item and the reset counter options are enabled, the counter disappeared when clicking on the statusbar icon. Thanks Nils Werner
- Pedram Veisi - fa-IR (babelzilla
- promatik - pt-PT (babelzilla)
- dvdianov - ru-RU (babelzilla)
- Toolbar button
- Enable to use non-secure connection
Version 0.0.9 - September 22, 2007
- Check for new items when opening new window - bug FIXED
- The Google Reader Watcher opens another Google Reader window if already opened one. - bug FIXED
Version 0.0.8 - July 26, 2007
- Show error message when the login fail
- Bug fixed: Count of unread item is too low
- Allow the user to turn off the notification window
- Allow user to sets the extension to show 0 when no unread feed
- Update the feed count with middle click on the statusbar icon
- pt-BR by zini (Babelzilla)
- el-GR by panda2005 (Babelzilla)
Version 0.0.7 - July 8, 2007
- Bug Fixed: The extension's unread counter not equals with the Google Reader's unread counter - (Thanks for Sander Lepik)
- New languages
- Sander Lepik et-EE
- 7bse de-DE (babelzilla)
Version 0.0.6 - July 5, 2007
- Better window opening handler
- Better error handler (especially timeout)
- New languages:
- Ahmed Yilmaz - tr-TR
- chtitux - fr-FR (babelzilla)
- AtteL fi-FI(babelzilla)
- drry ja-JP (babelzilla)
- fiag zh-CN (babelzilla)
- pierfrancesco99 it-IT (babelzilla)
- Wareczek pl-PL (babelzilla)
- PAGF_LINUX es-AR, es-ES (babelzilla)
- zini pt-BR (babelzilla)
Version 0.0.5 - June 17, 2007
- Opens Google Reader Watcher via single or double click on the statusbar icon
- Activate the Google Reader tab when you open it
- Your user name and password is stored in the same format as the Google do. So, if you already saved your account data into the Firefox password manager, you don't need to specify it again.
- New configuration panel
- New load indicator image
- French translation (Théophile Helleboid)
Version 0.0.4 - June 3, 2007
- Code cleanup
- New feature: Remember login. It's equals the "Remember me on this computer" function on Google Account login page. If you enable this, the Firefox won't ask for your master password on Firefox startup (except if another extension ask).
Version 0.0.3 - May 8, 2007
- Notification popup on Linux too!
- Account management
- Typo fixes
- Compatibility problem with Gmail Manager fixed
Version 0.0.2 - April 22, 2007
- Added a notification popup (works only on windows)
- A bug with tooltips fixed
Version 0.0.1 - April 14, 2007
- First Release
Here are some screenshot about the extension:
Screenshot about Google Reader Watcher tooltip
Screenshot of Google Reader Watcher's right click menu
Screenshot about Google Reader Watcher general preferences window
Screenshot about Google Reader Watcher account information preferences window
If you have instructions or if you want to say something about the Google Reader Watcher, use my contact form or just leave a comment.